Instagram Stories is a popular feature on the Instagram platform that allows users to share photos and short videos that disappear after 24 hours. However, like any other technology, Instagram Stories can sometimes need help with issues or working as expected. This article will explore why Instagram Stories not working, provide detailed solutions, and answer frequently asked questions.
Slow Internet Connection
A slow or unstable internet connection is one of the most common reasons Instagram Stories not working. If your relationship could be better, the Stories may take longer to load, or they might load at all.
- Move closer to your Wi-Fi router or use a wired connection to improve the internet speed.
- Disable and re-enable Wi-Fi or mobile data on your device.
- Reset your network settings.
- Check with your internet service provider (ISP) for known issues or service outages.
Read Also: How to Get Instagram Music in Your Region Without VPN
Outdated App Version
Instagram Stories not working? Using an outdated version of the Instagram app may result in the Stories feature needs to be fixed. Developers continually release updates to fix bugs and improve app performance.
- Visit your device’s app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store) and check for any available Instagram updates.
- Install the latest version of the app and restart your device.
Read Also: How to Get A Clients On Instagram: A Comprehensive Guide
Device Compatibility Issues
Sometimes, older or less powerful devices may need help to run Instagram Stories, resulting in slow performance or crashes.
- Make sure your device fulfills the lowest system conditions for running Instagram.
- Close other running apps to free up system resources
- Restart your device to clear its memory.
Read Also: Read to Explore Can you See Who Viewed your Instagram Video
Instagram Server Issues
Occasionally, the problem may lie with Instagram’s servers, which can cause the Stories to feature to malfunction.
- Check social media or websites like DownDetector to see if other users are experiencing similar issues.
- Wait a while and try reaccessing Instagram Stories, as server issues are usually resolved quickly.
Read Also: The Dos and Don’ts of Merging Instagram Accounts
If you’ve violated Instagram’s terms of service or community guidelines, your account may be temporarily restricted, affecting the functionality of Instagram Stories not working.
- Review Instagram’s guidelines to ensure you haven’t breached any rules.
- Reach out to Instagram’s support team for assistance.
Instagram Stories not working can be frustrating. Still, it’s often caused by common issues like a slow internet connection, outdated app version, device compatibility problems, server issues, or account restrictions. Following the suggested solutions in this article, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve most issues with Instagram Stories.
Q1: Why can’t I see someone’s Instagram Stories?
A: If you can’t see someone’s Instagram Stories, it could be due to the following reasons:
- They last posted Stories within the last 24 hours.
- They’ve hidden their Stories from you.
- Your internet connection could be faster or more stable.
- There’s a temporary issue with the Instagram platform.
Q2: Can I recover an Instagram Story after 24 hours?
A: You can access your past Instagram Stories by going to your profile, tapping the three horizontal lines in the top right corner, and selecting “Archive.” From there, you can view or download your previous Stories.
Q3: Why are my Instagram Stories Blurry?
A: Blurry Instagram Stories can be caused by a slow internet connection, low-quality source material, or an issue with the Instagram app itself. To fix this issue, try improving your internet connection, using higher-quality images or videos, or updating the Instagram app.
Q4: Can I control who sees my Instagram Stories?
A: Yes, you can control who sees your Instagram